Friday, May 15, 2009

Vegetable Garden Update

I finally got around to getting my vegetable garden started... I've been planning on it for a while now but the rain kept coming and coming and coming... then we got struck with pneumonia and colds... So today was the day.
We went up to the Depot and got us some dirt.
Came home and I pounded in the edging to set the shape and size.
Dumped in the dirt (and the very stinky compost manure - pee yew!).
And the turned it over and spread it out...

It's about 12 feet by 4 feet, here it is:


It's right beside the patio, with the yard out behind it... You can still see the creator that was left by the tree stump removal - but that part isn't my problem (ha ha ha).


I didn't get around to planting the veggies yet. Some are ready, some are just sprouting. Either way, it was lunch time and we had more pressing yard work to attend to after lunch time (like digging up my tulip bed and clearing the area where our new shed will go later this weekend, if the rain will ever stop!) Here are some of the veggies in waiting - zucchini, broccoli, chives, cilantro, watermelon :


And here are my two dwindling tomato plants waiting to be transplanted from the box planter into the ground.... I hope they last and make it


I also have squash, green beans (pole and bush), okra, lavender, mint, garlic chives, cucumbers (which are barely hanging in there waiting to be planted) and a patchouli plant!

Oh what a garden it will be! If I ever get to plant it ;)

No comments: