Monday, June 29, 2009

Update - June

Well - here are some updates on the kids, the yard, and whatever else I can think of as I type...

Yard - No progress in two weeks! The patio (or soon to be patio/stone paver area) is exactly like I left it two weeks ago when the temperatures rose to 95+ and stayed there. It's just too hot to sit in the boiling sun and work. But this week looks like we may have upper 80's for the highs, so it's back to work. I bought some Corsican Mint and Elvin Thyme to go in between the stones... but I bought it two weeks ago and I've lost most of it due to not planting it. I also have some Creeping Jenny to put back there that's still hanging on in it's store containers... I planted the mint and thyme in pots to try and keep them alive. Hopefully I will have some pictures later this week to show some sort of progress. The veggie garden is growing and growing... I've had about 4 tomatoes and a handfull of green beens... and all the herbs I need. I'm actually thinking of digging out the herbs and moving them to the patio area to give the veggies more room to grow. We'll see.

Kids - Logan is still huge. I need to do a photoshoot soon of both of them (together and separate). Nola is doing really good in her big girl bed. Only when there's thunder do we have a bit of a problem. Logan is starting to use little words... Hi, Papa, Mama, Bye, Ba-Ba (bottle), Gawdt (for "got it"). He is pulling up and standing, moving a little around the furnature but not walkign yet. He's already 10 months old! Two months until he's a year already! Such a big boy!

Other - I have to go to the DMV today to renew my car tags... I hope it goes smoothly.... I hate the DMV (I think there is a previous post on my last experience there, I hope NOT to have another one after today). I guess I don't have much 'other' news....

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

the DMV is like the seventh circle of hell. EVIL.

But your kid sure isn't! I want to hear Logan talking!

Plant that mint, missy - I want to see GREEN in between those pavers.