Monday, November 16, 2009

New Blanket

(Don't look if you are Allyson!)

I made blankets in college, then stopped for a few years and started making them again when I was pregnant with Nola. And since then every baby born into my family has received a handmade blanket from me. But Allyson (who is older than Nola) was born in the years when I wasn't crocheting... and she never got a Janae Blanket. So for Christmas this year I am finally making her a blanket.

I turned my old purse into a sewing bag. Very handy to carry around and the pockets are very useful. I can zip away my scissors and hooks from the kids - who always seem to be magnetically pulled towards balls of yarn like they were kittens or something.


The colors I chose are pink (almost a hot pink), green (a very bright, light green), off white, and a multi-colored pink. There are four colors, and putting them together in the various combinations of two results in 12 different types of squares.


Not sure how many squares I will end up with, but I hope to make rows of 8. I have 36 squares so far and I was hoping for a minimum of 48... but with the sizes of the yarn balls I have left it may just stop at 40 something....

Here are some of the color combos:
Hopefully I will have many more squares to add to the collection and the blanket will be large enough for her to use and love for years to come. And her room is pink and green, so hopefully it will match. If you happen to talk to little Allyson, don't tell her that I'm making this for her. It's a secret - shhhhh....................

No comments: