Friday, December 18, 2009

Child's Play


Logan doing his best impersonation of a lump on a log.
Sicky poo, holding his monkey and trying to open his crusted over eyes. What a sad little sight to see. Why do kids colds sometimes come with eye buggers? Not leaky eyes, or a clear crust that forms overnight... but green globs that ooze out of the corners of their eyes! It's gross. Nola is old enough to rub her eyes enough to prevent these nasty things from showing up on her face when she's awake but Logan just lets any old thing leak out. Babies don't care what ends up on their face. They just let it fly. But anyway... Logan is sick.

Nola is doing better and wanted me to take a picture of her dancing. She's got moves baby, she's got moves!


After Logan's warm bath, his eyes were doing a little better. Still red and puffy, but clean and open. Later, Nola was playing with a stuffed dog she has on a leash. She was putting it down for a nap, feeding it... then getting it in trouble for peeing on her carpet. There was lots of drama going on. I just stood in the doorway and watched. She was stomping around and huffing and puffing. Telling her puppy, "You have to go to TIMEOUT! And you have to stay there FOREVER! And you can't get out! And when your timeout is over you have to go look at what you did. You have to go LOOK THERE! AT YOUR PEE PEE! And then you have to say you're SORRY!" She was pacing and waving her arms... Logan was standing in the middle of the room just watching her go back and forth and looking up at me as if to ask, "What the hell is going on?"

It was really funny. Then she looked up at me and said, "Mama, my puppy peed on my floor! And now he's in timeout. So now you can clean up the pee pee spot."
Me? I told her it was her puppy and part of taking care of your things was to clean up after them. She said she didn't want to clean up pee because it was yucky! I said that it was only pretend pee pee, so she should be just fine. Made sense I guess, cause she pretended to clean it up. Then she got her puppy out of timeout and made him say he was sorry. Then she hugged and kissed him and took him for a walk (around the living room).

She got in trouble earlier today for coloring on the couch out of anger... She went to time out, had to apologize, then had to clean off the crayon and hug and kiss me... So guess what folks? SHE PAID ATTENTION! But I wasn't yelling and huffing and puffing at her the way she was at her dog, I'm very much over the niceness of my couches... they're ruined. I really wasn't even mad. Just had to put her in timeout for the lesson.

Well - both kids are asleep, Nola on the couch and Logan in his crib... I guess I should do something of a grown-up nature while I can.

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

That eye gunk always grosses me out. I will totally have problems with that when I have kids!!