Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Inspiration Strikes Again...

The Ovation Channel ran a "Framed" series last weekend. It was several days dedicated to photography. I recorded all of it!

I'm still watching the shows as I find time. It's inspired me to try again to learn more about my camera. I should say, to learn more about photography. I know what my camera can do, and mostly how to make it do those things... it's when and where to make it work for me is the key. My missing key. I have a very hard time self-teaching. I am a bad studier. I have several books. I have a downloaded tutorial with assignments and all... I even printed it out and put it into a binder! I just can't seem to hunker down and focus long enough to retain any of what I go over! It's frustrating!

But alas, I will try again. I really wish I had the time to take a photo class. I do so much better with someone explaining things to me out loud, as opposed to reading them myself. And maybe someone who wanted to take one with me. I really don't want to be the only "oldie" in a community college class full of 18 year olds. For now, I will get out my tutorial binder and my users manual again and give it another go.

I think I want to take pictures of people. Things are very interesting - but people are what I love the most. Obviously Kirk and the kids are my most accessible subjects so I may have lots of photos of them in the coming weeks. I already started shooting Kirk today while he was getting ready for work. I think I may drive him nuts... Oh well.

Here is one of the shots I took on the fly:


Not the best - but I like that Nola was watching him shave. I would consider this a sketch of a photograph I would like to take.

3 comments:

lucylucia said...

awesome. I am looking forward to more photos! I am thinking of just biting the bullet and buying an xti this year. I just want one so badly. And then - you and I will sign up for photography classes with the St. Louis camera club. We can totally do this! ya!

Mama Nae said...

Yes! Buy your camera and we will most defiantly take a class! How fun - I can't wait!

lucylucia said...

Hopefully, my parents will give me money towards it for christmas. If not, then I'm using my tax return money!!