Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pork-Fried Lady Fingers

Whaat? Yeah, I said pork-fried lady fingers.... Guess what happens when you are frying pork chops and one of them slips off your fork and splashes into the very hot oil in your frying pan. The fork that you were holding just inches away from the oil as to NOT splash... Pork-Fried Lady Fingers - that's what!

Technically I may not be a lady... and technically there were no fingers involved - it was my thumb. But I burned the hell out of myself. The oil splashed up and left raw red marks exactly where it landed. I had a splash pattern going from the side of my hand up around my thumb. It's still mostly there but the pattern isn't as impressive anymore. I had several small blistered areas and one main blister right on the 'knuckle part' at the base of my thumb. As the rest of the burn darkened and started to fade, the blister popped... and now I think I will have a scar for sure.

Sorry if this is gross... it's just all I could think to write about today. Wanna see pictures?

This is about 8 hours after it happened... doesn't look too bad (and Kirk admittedly told me later he thought I was a bit of a drama queen with all the crying and whatnot...)


This is today, about 8 days after it happened.... Looks worse, hurts less.


But, I must say... the pork chops were really, really good! Not worth the pain and scarring... but a very good meal.

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

I think those are the marks of a momma. My mom's hands are covered is small scars from burning herself. Ouch though!