Thursday, September 30, 2010

Check This Out, Baby!

Guess what I found? Going through some old CDs in the basement (You remember CDs right? Those things we all boxed up and stored away somewhere when music went digital?) I found a true gem.

Apparently I made some CD's for my friends on Valentine's Day back in school, Truman State University. Back in the land of Auto Repair Shops and Meth Labs.
Picture it: Kirksville and St. Louis, 2001. For some reason we loosely referred to ourselves as the Ya Ya's... presumably based off the book. (I would say books plural, but after the first one everything sucked, even the movie.) Anyway, I digress....

So! I found this CD entitled: Ya-Ya's: The Truman Years

I'm going to give you a list of what songs were included (links included if possible) and who they were dedicated to. Now, I'm not sure if this made us WAY COOL - or WAY NOT! But it sure is an odd group of music. And while listening to it in the shower today I could remember times spent listening to, singing to, dancing to, each one of these songs, with each one of these people. So, judge us if you will, but personally, I think we rocked! Her goes...

1. Where My Girls At (Shalyn)
2. I Ain't Yo Hoe (Leah)
3. Baby I Got Yo Money (Cayce)
4. It's Gonna Be Me (Leslie)
5. Me So Horny (Lucy)
6. Caress Me Down (Janae)
7. She's A Lady (Hannah)
8. Sweet Caroline (Caroline)
9. Untouchable Face (Caroline)
10. Get Gone (Hannah)
11. Goodbye Earl (Leah)
12. Call Me Darlin (Leslie)
13. Gone Till November (Lucy)
14. Bills Bills Bills (Shalyn)
15. Shoop (Cayce)
16. Fable (Janae)
17. *BONUS SONG* (Ya-Ya's)

Okay - So I hope all of you listed will read this (and listen tot he songs) and get some giggles, smiles, laughs and memories. Deny it if you want - but we all listened to this crap and openly or secretly LOVED IT! You know you did!

Okay - Enjoy.
(no promises on those links... I did what I could with the time I had)

5 comments:

lucylucia said...

I still have that CD!! Also how completely MORTIFIYING that my song is "me so horney" - why oh why did you pick that for me?!

Also - Hannah is so NOT a lady! ha!

Anonymous said...

Yup! Totally still own it. I remember how cool we thought you were that you could 'BURN' a CD like that! We are so old!

Mama Nae said...

Lucy - without trying to make you even more mortified... it was because you did that booty dance thing to that song! And other songs too....
Pauline (do I have to call you pauline?) - I know! I used a friend of mine's Napster... which at the time just baffled me. We really are kinda old... but still AWESOME!

Shay said...

Oh yeah. I love that both of my songs are from R & B girl bands. While it totally doesn't make sense...it also totally makes sense. Also, whatever happened to 702?

Mama Nae said...

Oh Shalyn... I remember specifically that you knew EVERY word to those two songs... maybe even the dance moves too!