Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bummer History Channel!

So this is Armageddon Week on the History Channel. While I find most everything they say very interesting, it sure is a big fat bummer to sit around for a week contemplating the end of the world as we know it.

Today Kirk told me one of his employees has been addicted to the HC as well and was going on and on about how we will all die in 3 years (2012). Then he said, "So, honey, we may only have a few years left together..." Don't say that kind of shit, dude! IF the world goes wacko in 2012, which I don't think it will by the way, at least maybe we won't have any more bills to pay!

I tried to read Nostradamus back in high school... it was too hard. And annoying. Blah Blah in whatever language he wrote it in, then someone's biased translation, followed by a slanted explanation of what he 'obviously' meant. Interesting, but pointless to try and place upon modern day events. Yes, some is very coincidental, even creepy, but none exact and therefore just speculation by people who want to find some age old dude who predicted the future. Give me something of his in advance that comes true and I will go out and buy a copy of the latest book of all his predictions... until then, maybe he needs to be on the Sci-Fi Channel instead!

I believe in psychic phenomenon. I believe some people can tell the future, see things, see dead people, all that jazz... But I think it works on a smaller, more personal scale then being able to predict hundreds, or thousands, of years into the future. BUT, if we all explode, implode, or evaporate in 2012 - I will admit that I was wrong.

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

This is why I need to buy a house...so I can start building my secret Armageddon bunker in the backyard. Grrrr