Friday, January 9, 2009

Precious Moments

...and not the stupid collectible statues (sorry, if you collect the figurines).

Yesterday, both sick kids were screaming and crying for me to hold them. I had to choose one, so I chose the sicker and younger of the two - the baby. Then Nola started crying even louder, saying "I'm crying too! Don't hold Logan, hold MEEE!" So I tried to explain that we had to take turns, and it was Logan's turn. Eventually we switched, so Logan could scream while Nola proudly put her silent head on my shoulder as if she'd won the lottery. At some point I had to put them both down to actually get things ready for bed. It calmed down for a bit and I was able to pick up toys and get everyone's night night milk (and bottle) ready.

Nola drinks her milk, then puts her cup in the fridge. After that we go say "night night" to whoever is home, usually just Logan. So she ran back into the living room where Logan was and jumped up in front of him with her arms out in the air, "I loovvee you Logan! Niiight Niight Logan!" He smiled at her and she ran off into her room. I followed her to put her in bed. As I was lifting her into her bed I said, "I'm so sorry Nola, that you two are both so sick at the same time. I hope you feel better tomorrow."
Then she said, "I'm sorry too, Mama."
"What are you sorry for Nola?"
"Cause I cried a lot, Mama..."
"That's okay Nola, I love you."
"I love you tooooo, Mama."
So Precious!


Then this morning Nola was pretending to talk on the phone... She just picks up the phone and starts talking to whomever she picks.
She said she was going to talk to Mama (me).
She said, "Hi Mama" and so I said "Hi Nola..."
And then she said, "No, not YOU!"
She picked up the phone again and said "Hi Mama"
So again I said, "Hi Nola.."
"NO! Not YOU! I'm talking to you on the phone!"
So I realized that I wasn't supposed to talk, she was pretending.
Again, "Hi Mama"
And I didn't say anything this time. She waited, as if listening to the pretend me on the phone and then just set it down, "You're not answering."
And she walked away.

Kids!

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

haaaaaaaaaaaa! That is really funny with the phone!!!!!!!