Monday, January 12, 2009

Dude, I was like, totally RAD!

I posted a slew of school pictures on my Facebook page, but for those of you who aren't friendly with me in the Facebook world, I thought you might want to see me when I was totally bitchin! Fifth grade, Martha Turner Reilly Elementary School, Dallas, TX. I guess I was eleven or twelve, but I thought I was 19!

Side ponytail and dangle earrings... pastel teal sweatshirt (with the sleeves pushed up to the just right place on my arms so as to poof in the coolest way possible!) and my prize winning collection of friendship bracelets. I'm sure I had some form of bangs, but the picture is too dark to see them. And I would bet money that the pants I was wearing were leggings (possibly with the strap that went under the layered, multicolored socks).

It was 1988 - and I was an Eighties Lady! This was right before the stage of swatch watches, converse, jean jackets and skater boyfriends... Oh, the good ole days!

I think I wanted my sweatshirt to fall from my shoulder like the Flashdance chick... but at twelve, this was the most I could get away with....

No comments: