Friday, February 6, 2009

I had a Dream

I had this dream last night that was strange and funny. It may not make total sense, but here goes:

I was married to the Vice President. At no point in the dream was he Joe Biden. At first it was Kirk who was elected. And then it turned to Obama. And I think back into Kirk. I was never with him, whoever he was. I was always on my own.

The major dilemma throughout the entire dream was the acceptance speech for becoming Vice President. I was nervous about what I would wear. I had nothing to wear! Because we still had the same house, life and closets that I do in real life. I tried on outfit after outfit and couldn't find anything! I think at this point Kirk was the VP because I thought to myself that he wouldn't really care what I wore because he doesn't care what people think.

The other problem was that I was terrified of giving a speech in front of the entire nation! That's reasonable I think. In my dream it was like the Maid of Honor speech - you were really supposed to but didn't HAVE to. (In real life I've skipped out on that twice). I was so worried about what I would say, what the world was saying about me... at this point it was Obama who was my man - I remember seeing in a Tabloid that I was being referred to as the little white wife! So as I was out shopping for something to wear (the day of the impending speech) I convinced myself that I didn't need to even go. I quit answering my cell phone when Barak was calling me and I just didn't go.

Then I woke up. I think I may have some avoidence issues due to self counciousness...

No comments: