Thursday, February 5, 2009

Such a Slacker!

Wow - it's been a while since I've even checked on this blog.... ooops!

We are about to embark on the second journey into the real estate market... I'm not at all looking forward to it. We had our house up for sale while I was pregnant with Logan... obviously it didn't sell. We took a break after he was born and put the house on 'maternity leave'. And by the time that was over we were just in no position to show our house. Leaving the house on a whim with a 2 year and 2 month old was not in the cards for me, not to mention having a clean house to leave behind. So we took it off the market. But we are now going to give it another shot.

In the next few days I am going to go through the house room by room making lists of what needs to be cleaned, repaired, packed away, thrown away, moved, etc. And then the work will begin. I'm sure I will enlist a Grandma or two to help out, either with actual help or just babysitting so I can actually get something done.

"Hello. My name is Mama Nae and I am a pack rat."

But it's just too hard to throw things away that I think we may want, need or use in the future. I've gotten over this issue with clothes and shoes. But things don't go out of style. Why throw away a perfectly good end table just because we aren't using it. That's what basements are for, right? We may have the perfect need for it in the new house. I'm telling myself that we will not store anything like that when we move. If we don't find a place for 'it' in the new house, it goes on the curb. But it will go on the new curb.

I have lots of kitchen things that refuse to throw out: a Kitchen Aid stand mixer (hello, those are like $400!), a pasta maker (what fun!), and several sets of wine glasses, two or three glass pitchers, tons of coffee mugs - none of these things get currently used. The mixer and pasta maker have (shame on me) never been used. But they will! Once I have a bigger kitchen with more space and storage, they will be used. But for now I guess I need to pack them up like we're moving next week.

With all my stuff I just fear that I will need something and it will be packed away. What if it takes a year to sell the house and in 3 months I REALLY want to make fresh pasta! What the hell do I do then? I guess I just buy some Pasta Barilla!

No comments: