Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ground Beef Sunday

So - it's raining today - all day so far. No gardening for me today. My big plan for today is to cook and prepare all the ground beef I have in my fridge... Unfortunately I just don't feel like it! But I will do it before the giant amount of pink meat turns gray and goes to waste.

I think I will make some meatballs to freeze - probably two freezer bags full. And possibly prepare a lasagna to bake tomorrow or the next day. And I have to make something for dinner tonight.... Oh what to make? I can't decide between patty melts and meatloaf. I think I just decided that patty melts will be easier... so patty melts it is!

(By the way - I'm only writing this because I'm bored and waiting until nap time starts in 20 min... both kids are currently occupied with Baby Einsteins).

Here are my steps:

Meatballs
Big bowl - lots of meat.
Add eggs (already whisked)
Italian Seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic salt, oregano, whatever else I find that matches
Add breadcrumbs
Remove wedding rings and mush mush mush
Roll into balls
Put more breadcrumbs into a bowl or plate
Coat balls with crumbs
Put onto wax paper lined cookie sheet(s) - or just onto the metal
Freeze separately for at least an hour or so
(this is so they don't stick together in the bags)
The put into freezer bags, lay flat in freezer
When ready to use, pull out, open bag, defrost in microwave
Cook and eat!


Ok - I had to stop there. As I was typing and Nola was watching Baby Einstein's on the couch she started screaming and crying about her finger... I finally figured out that she bit her own finger. Yes, that's right... bit her own finger and then was shocked by the outcome. Brilliant thinking on her part. And apparently she bit it rather hard. And I think she did it on purpose.

So, now she's sleeping and I'm off to put the baby to bed then on to my ground beef marathon....
See Ya!

No comments: