Thursday, April 9, 2009

Random Stuffs

Still having a hard time getting back into writing here... Not too sure why. But here are some things going on lately.

Kid Stuff:
Nola is almost all the way potty trained. I've even been brave enough to take her in the car and to the store with underwear (and no pull-up) on. And so far, no accidents. She went potty at Walmart for the first time yesterday (first time in public anywhere). Sadley though, after she was finished she was running out of the stall in excitement and ran smack into a plastic changing table that someone had left down in the main part of the restroom. She was face level to it and was running forward while looking backwards, as kids will stupidly sometimes do. She hit her head and then went down on the tile floor - BAM! Lots of tears and crying. So much for our milestone! But the water that appeared for her 'like magic' when she washed her hands made her feel much better.


I think we will move her into a toddler bed soon. I think we're doing it a little later than some people do anyway. But in order to continue down the potty training road, she has to be able to get out of bed to go. Unfortunately that will allow her much more freedom than I want her to have. This will begin the stage of getting out of bed over and over.... But I guess it's what has to be done. I can't very well have grade school kid locked up in a crib (althought that would be nice).


Logan is a giant. He has his two front bottom teeth already and is now getting some top ones. The front two, you ask? Oh, no. The next ones over. Great! Now he's gonna look like a big doofus for a month or more with a gaping hole in the front of his mount. I'm not even sure this is normal? I thought the front two were always the first to come in... oh well.

And speaking of teeth, his lovely older sister has bit him twice now! The first time was because he had a death grip on her hair and it was her way of escape. She got a 'talkin to' but no real trouble because she was defending herself in a way. But today she just walked up to him, lifted his hand to her mouth and bit down on his little finger! I was SO mad! The she bit Kirk. The time-out spot has been kept warm by her ass today!
We finally got around to spiking Logan's hair up today too. He looks so cute! Here's a pic of him with his new do:



Garden Stuff:
I have been in great turmoil over what to do outside this year. We have thrown around the ideas of moving and staying so much. Well, we've finally decided to just stay for a while... maybe another 2 years. It's small but once we get them sharing a room and what not we will be good for a couple of years. We got such a good deal on the house and I don't want to scrifice that because of the economy. So we will just stay and pay down the mortgage, make due with our small space and hopefully it will all pay off when we buy the mansion of our dreams (HA!). So, anyway, back to gardening.... Now that we know we will be here I feel good about gardenign in the yard... I won't have to leave all my plants and work behind so soon. I want to have a vegetable garden this year. An inground garden. And I want to plant lots of plants and flowers so we can have a nice view out back.... (If anyone feel like getting dirty feel free to come on by this summer and help out with our projects.) My tulips are blooming and it just inspires me to plant plant plant! I will have to make a plan and a design... then price out all the projects that are actually possible. I want to do so much back there! I would love to demo our concrete slab patio and put in a nice level deck or stone area.... Kirk would get to use a jack hammer on that one - he'll like that! Obviously if we do anything major I will document it in photos... Here are some backyard pics from today.







Other Stuff:
Our medical debt/bills are all now offically paid off! Having two kids and a few other incidents really adds up! Especailly when you don't have the best medical insurance.... But we are now free of all medical bills! And since I don't plan on having another baby this year we should be in the clear in that department for a while!
Our Home Depot debt is also gone (from redoing the bathroom, kitchen floors, and refinishing our hardwood floors last spring). So Hello! garden center at Home Depot! Just kidding!

Ok - enough random stuff for today... here are a few other random pics:


My mother-in-law's birthday was the other day and we had her over for home made lasagna and a home made birthday cake. (as in, I bought the box and mad eit at home) Since I have flowers on the brain I decorated it liek a giant flower!


My rose (from the clipping) is doing fabulously!


And we got to meet our niece, Elena, last week for the first time. Kirk's brother was in from MI and brought the family! Elena isn't allowed on the internet, but I thought the side of her head and her ear would be okay... Nola was in love!

1 comment: