Friday, August 6, 2010

A Rainbow of Fruit Flavors

Tomatoes are fruit. We all know this. But so are peppers and okra as well! So apparently I don't have a vegetable garden this year but a fruit garden! And here is a wonderful fruit salad I made the other day.

Chocolate Cherry tomatoes (purple ones), Snow White Cherries (yellow ones), Red Currant tomatoes, and Red Baby Bells (the peppers). All these colorful fruits came from my garden and went into my belly!


Here they are all washed an in a bowl


The I chopped up some avocado (also a fruit) and some lettuce (the lone veggie in my salad) and piled my halved maters and chopped peppers on top. A little oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and OH YEAH - yummy fruit (and lettuce) salad!



I'm going to try some pickling soon... first time ever, wish me luck. I will be pickling some green tomatoes. The tiny currants and small cherries... supposedly they will taste like pickles. I will let you know how that turns out (process to be done soon, final tasting will be in a few weeks).

No comments: