Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hot Salt!

What's better on a super snow day than something super HOT? Hot Salt!

I had all these hot peppers drying from the summer and kept meaning to do something with them... So I decided to not just make pepper flakes, but hot pepper salt.

Started out with a plate full of dried Pinata Peppers that I grew this past summer.


I took the tops and stems off and put them into the food processor.


A couple pulses of the chopper and they were broken down to large flakes.


So I added some Kosher salt and mixed it a few more times...


And voila! Hot Salt! And this stuff is on fire! I've added it my salads and to spaghetti... WOW! Burn Baby Burn!


I'm just proud of myself for actually doing something useful with something I grew. I think this stuff will last us a long time, seeing as that you can't really use too much at a time...

No comments: