Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week Two of 2011

So the second week of the year is almost over...

I have lost four pounds. That's twice my goal! So I'm on track. Who-da Thunk It?

This morning:
Nola: I need a wipe! Where are the wipes?!
Me (still in bed): I don't know... get a paper towel!
Nola: Noooo.... I need a wipe.
Me (getting up quickly): Why do you need a wipe?
Nola(with hands behind back): For my hands....
Me: Why? Show me your hands. (I got and handed her a wipe)
Nola (running away): thanks....
Me (following her): Show me your hands... What did you eat?
Nola: Nothing
Me: SHOW ME YOUR HANDS!
Nola: I can't....
Me (grabbing her hands and turning her around): What is that?
Nola (with black on the ends of two of her fingers): I don't know...
Me: Fingernail polish! That's my fingernail polish.... Why did you do that?
Nola: I didn't...
Me: Then how did it get there?
Nola: I don't remember....
Me (remembering she had had fingernail polish...) WHERE IS IT NOW?
Nola: I put it back on top of the microwave....
Me (after checking the safety of my polish) So how did that get on your fingers?
Nola: I didn't do it.... When I picked it up it must have just leaked out....
Me: Seriously? Leaked out? No it did not...
Nola: IT DID! It leaked on me so I put it back...
Me: No polish unless you ask first.
Nola: okay....

So they just lie. Is that the deal? For no good reason, they just lie like we're stupider than dirt and won't possibly be able to figure out the truth. Damn kids.... I realize I'm lucky there wasn't black fingernail polish on my new dining room table or all over the walls. (Walls that, by the way, have a lovely painting on them done in fabric paint that the manufacturers apparently decided to make with super glue so as to make it non-removable. Logan completed his masterpiece and then anxiously ran to me telling me he drew me a picture... Gee Thanks!)

1 comment:

hellocayce said...

I think we need a nail polish update with photos...