Sunday, May 16, 2010

It Begins Again

Okay - again... I will try to loose some weight. I have at least 50 pounds to loose. I guess I should do something more than crossing my fingers and wishing on stars. I sure wish I had a magic solution. I'm really too lazy to loose weight. I has taken me about 6 years to gather up all this extra poundage... Well, Wait. No, that's wrong. I'm the same weight as I was five years ago. I have gained and lost about 75 pounds in those five years, but I guess it was the two years prior when I gained the fabulous fifty. I've had two babies in those five years and I still weigh what I did pre-pregnancy. It doesn't look the same, but the numbers are the same. I haven't continued to gain weight I just haven't lost any (other than the small person that I gained during my first pregnancy - and I don't mean my kid!)

So again I will begin a mission of weight loss. What will I do? Nothing major. I'm just not the kind of person who can get into any routine if it's a drastic change from the norm. I have to take babysteps. So I will just pick a few lifestyle changes (maybe 5 or 6) and slowly incorporate them into my daily life.
Here are a few off the top of my head:
1. Ride my stationary bike for at least 15 min a day
2. Eat less (smaller portions)
3. Drink more water
4. Stop eating by a certain time (9pm)
5. Start walking more
6. Some kind of muscle training... they're in there somewhere...

Simple, yes. But am I doing any of them now? No.

First I will work on my bike riding. I love a challenge or a competition and my bike keeps track of mileage, calories, speed, all that jazz. So I'm going to unhook the bike's computer completely to reset the odometer and see how many miles I have to go to loose all this weight. I think I will be more prone to get on the bike if I'm trying to increase the mileage. Once I'm used to this step, in a few weeks, I will add another. Then another. I have started this type of system with my housework habits and it seems to be working for me. Most things just don't seem to work out for me. So I'm hoping since this baby-step plan is working in one aspect of my life it will also begin to work in another.

So, here I go.

2 comments:

lucylucia said...

I will support you because I have to start all over again too! Good luck babe!

lucylucia said...

I just bought a $10 set of workout DVDs called "Walk Away the Pounds" - it's supposed to be really easy, simple to follow and effective! It's on Amazon and it comes with a 1,2,3 and 4 mile workout!