Saturday, May 22, 2010

Possible Painting Project

So I may have a painting project in my future. I'm just not at a place in life where I feel I can get out all my 'stuff' for painting when I have no reason to paint. Yeah, yeah, I know... painting is for personal pleasure - I get that... and I agree. But with children running around and messing with my stuff, and no where to put whatever painting I produce, I'm just not inclined to start a painting just to store it in the basement with all the others. So then Cayce, my sister, (Everyday Adventures with Allyson & Molly) said she needed a painting for her living room. She found a painting in a catalog that she really likes. Here it is:

this is from http://www.homedecorators.com/

So I will use it as inspiration to paint her something for her living room. Once she buys me the canvas that is. If I had one laying around I would use it - but I don't.
I'm excited about starting a new painting... and one like this will be fun. There's nothing I love more in painting than shading and shadows! Hours and hours of the same colors that magically transform into a three dimensional space.

6 comments:

hellocayce said...

Maybe we can go to ArtMart and check out their canvases soon.

Mama Nae said...

if only we didn't have childrens... they are not so much fun at the Art Store....

lucylucia said...

Sounds like a plan to me! I have your painting up at my office at work and everyone loves it!

Mama Nae said...

Oh Lucy - I hate to be this forgetful... but what painting of mine do you have?

lucylucia said...

Ha! It's a red and orange painting of trees and a lady's face!

Mama Nae said...

Honestly I still don't remember it! How sad is that!