Saturday, May 15, 2010

Old Friend


Old Friend
~my travel easel~

I have decided that I should start to paint again. Because I really need another thing to keep up with - Ha! But seriously, I haven't painted anything in years that didn't involve construction paper or tempera paints. And I think it's about time I give it a try.
I went down into the dark corner of the basement and unearthed my old friend. The Travel Easel. I bought this with my own money (it wasn't cheap) back when I worked at an art supply store for just above minimum wage. It was a major purchase. And I love it. It's sturdy, compact, and portable. It even has a drawer for carrying all my paints (which I have yet to find in the basement).
I brought this upstairs to the great interest of my kids. They wanted to inspect it, open it, mess with it, break it. So we opened it up and I gave them a tour of the extend-able legs, the opening latches, the remains of what was left in the drawer - they loved it. Then I banned them from touching it and put it away in my bedroom. I know I will not be able to paint with them awake until they are used to this new object being around but maybe I can get some time with my old friend after dark. And if I do I will try and photo document my painting attempts.

1 comment:

hellocayce said...

You should set up in the basement and let them paint the basement floor while you paint canvas