Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Veggie Garden 2010

So I am finally making progress on my garden this year. The actual plot has been turned over and compost added. I even started planting.

So far I have planted a long row of okra (21 plants, alternating regular green and organic burgundy okra), one of each type of squash I started (one ball, 8ight ball, fairy squash and yellow crook neck), as well as two rows of pepper plants (a wide variety from baby bells to Pablanos). I also started some beans around the arbor (purple pole, green pole, black eyed and lima). I have about 7 tomato varieties ready to go but I'm waiting for them to get a little bigger before transplanting into the ground.

Among all the identified plants I have, there are many that got lost in the tagging system. They were either moved around or switched from one container to another or given to me unidentified. So I will also set up an additional area along my fence for the Mystery Garden. There will be Mystery Tomatoes, Mystery Peppers, Mystery Squash, and other misc things that don't fit into the plot. These will be unmarked, unorganized and unworried about. And will probably be my biggest veggie producers!

So that is my progress. I will take some pix when things are all in the dirt.

3 comments:

lucylucia said...

Hey! Write something on Herb gardens! I was told it was too lat eto start one now?? :(

Mama Nae said...

Never too late!

Mama Nae said...

Lucy - I posted something for you...