Saturday, November 8, 2008

Birthday Cake

I asked Nola a few weeks ago what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday... She said she wanted a red cake with pink icing and purple flowers... and chocolate. I did the best I could.
Food coloring works wonders to make 2 year old wishes come true.

I started with the cake batter and added some red food coloring...



Almost an entire bottle... and I only got dark pink. But it was a pretty pink...


Then I worked on the icing. I started with regular white icing and added a few drops of the red food coloring


Mixed it together in hopes of light pink... you can't take back food coloring


And then came pink! Yeah!


So with my light pink icing and dark pink batter I started baking cakes...
Four round layers.


And many timers later and with a sturdy decorating hand... and the help of some Princess Shimmer Icing (that would be Snow White Silver, Belle Purple, Aurora Pink and Cinderella Blue) here's the cake I made!


There is no chocolate... but I don't think she'll remember her request at all anyway. Let's just hope it tastes good!

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

Um, I want a sloce of that cake. It's sooo yummy looking!