Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day



This morning at 6:45 my husband went out to vote. Our polling place is a 2 min drive from our house and he was back by 8:00. Nola was upset that he was leaving the house so early. After he left she cried even harder because she wanted to go "on the Boat too..." So cute! I had to try and explain the Papa was going to Vote, not to a Boat... She still doesn't get it... But if you ask her who the president is her quick response is, "OH-Bama!" (If things go wrong today I'm going to have some explaining to do....)
When Kirk got back it was like a relay race - he walked up the front steps, handed me his keys and said, "Go now - there aren't any lines!" It was like I was passed the voting baton! I was on the phone and wasn't even wearing a bra - but off I went! I got off the phone first and had on a sweatshirt over my T-shirt (and did a quick, 'do I look okay' thing with the Mr.) but I was out the door by 8:05.
When I got there the lines were inside the school (I expected them to be around the block). I opted for a paper ballot because the lines for the touch screens were longer. I filled out all that I felt informed enough to vote on. Then I turned in my ballot for my shiny new sticker that tells the world I voted! No, I'm not going anywhere today but yes, I will have on my sticker. If the kids don't rip it off.
I feel good about voting and I can't wait to glue myself to the TV this evening to see what CHANGE is to come - hee hee hee.... (Drink one for me Pops!) I just can't belive this is the first time I've ever voted... shame shame on me!

In other news - Nola's birthday is Thursday! Wow - two years old....
And I'm in a good mood today so I'm not even going to weigh myself for Biggest Looser Tuesday... It will just piss me off. Maybe next week.
My rose clippings are totally growing! It's a gardening miracle!
Thats all I think....

GO VOTE!

No comments: