Thursday, July 15, 2010

Flora & Fauna

We went to the Zoo the other day. And here are a few pictures of some animals...
I must say, the Okapi and the Zebra are my favorites but I can never get a good picture of the Okapi - they're always hiding in the back. Oh, if only I had a telephoto lens.... But the Zebra showed me his true colors.

Even their butt stripes amaze me. The patterns of a zebra are impressive, even the bootie ones!
And then we saw a lioness in a tree - first time seeing that at the zoo.


And we visited the Stingray Exhibit. Those suckers were big!

And you could touch them and feed them. They were so slimy! I was shocked, even though I have no idea what I expected, of course they would be slimy! But it still made me say, "Eeewww!"

The kids were somewhere between awed and bored. But they talked about it later like it was really cool.


And the classic Saint Louis Zoo shot - kids in front of the Giant Gorilla Statue.


And this year is the 100 year anniversary of the Zoo - so we had to get this shot... Look how adorable they are!


And moving on to the Flora...

My Fairy squash! I have about six so far.


And the yellow one is a One Ball, and the tomatoes of course... the garden is being good to me so far. My window sill is full!


The one ball was yummy - and so were the Fairy squash.


They taste like acorn squash, if you've ever had those. And you cook it the same as well.
So that is my flora and fauna for now... hope you've enjoyed it.