Monday, July 12, 2010

Venice Triptych Part 2

I finished all the sketches for the three panels. Here they are.
Panel 1: Window
Panel 2: Waterway
Panel 3: Doorway


And now that they are all finished and ready for some real painting to begin, I don't like the Window. The other two are angles and use lots of perspective, the window is flat facing and not as matchy matchy with the others.... what to do? what to do?

Flip the board over and do it all over again!
Here is the new and improved Panel 1: Window:


This Window is on an angle, which also angles toward the middle panel, as the Doorway does. It uses persepective, and let's face it, it just looks better. I was trying to think of the last time I painted (not in finger paints or tempera) and I think it was when I was pregnant with Nola (she's almost 4 people!)... so I guess the first side of panel 1 can just be chalked up to practice...

Here are the three panels, together at last. These are just sketches so lots more will go into them as the colors go on. I can't wait until after the kids go to bed tonight so I can get out some colors!

3 comments:

lucylucia said...

I totally agree with changing the window to add perspective! It's fun to see you making these changes!

on a side note - will you guys be at Lauren's birthday this weekend?? I'm only asking because it feels like forever since I last saw you two!!

hellocayce said...

I like the angled window better too. Looking good.
Lucy, I'll be there without Scott and I think Janae might be there without Kirk.

Mama Nae said...

I'm not sure I will be able to go to Lauren's - still working on details...
I added some color last night... will post new pics in a few days, I'm taking a break tonight but will be back at it again soon...