Saturday, July 24, 2010

Venice Triptych Part 3

All about the color this week! I posted Seeing Red(sauce) and The Color Purple, now I'm finally getting around to showing you the color I've put on my paintings. (well, Cayce's paintings)

Here's the window, which is the least painted. Basically a few layers of washing for the background... That's it. But! I did find the perfect window at the Zoo to correct any perspective mistakes I may have made in this one... and I'm sure there are some. I took a picture of the window on the Bird House (which is probably not the official name of the building) for a reference. So this painting may change a bit before the next time you see it.


And we have the middle painting, very much color blocked in. The very beginnings of details down in the bottom left corner is about all I've done here... I'm noticing my lines and angles are slightly - off. So I need to possibly put it up high (like it would be on a wall) and check the angles before moving one too much further. And don't worry - the colors are only the first layer, there won't be bright yellow or red buildings.


And we come to my most completed - the Doorway. As with the other, the angles all need to be checked for proper perspective and adjusted slightly... But I like the colors this one has so far, even though who knows how many more layers and colors will find there way onto it before it's all over.


So there are the first inklings of color. I threw out my back over a month ago and was out for a week - yesterday I re-injured it. Not as bad as the first time, but I don't think I'll be sitting at an easel for several days. So it may be over a week for another progress report. And even though it's been a long time since I last posted about the paintings, this is only about 4 days (2 hours at a time max) worth of painting.... I wish I had more time....

2 comments:

lucylucia said...

Ooooh - that's looking great! Sorry you busted your hump again though!

Mama Nae said...

feeling a little better - back to painting in a day or two...