Friday, July 2, 2010

Holy Tomatoes!

Most people say that you're lucky to get a red tomato before the forth of July... well people, I must be lucky! Here are some of the tomatoes I picked yesterday... I ate about three of them before I thought to take their picture. This bowl contains at least 3 varieties, probably 4. So while the kids wanted the classic PB&Js for lunch today I couldn't pass up eating some of my fresh tomatoes!


I picked three, the really grooved one, which I think is an heirloom of some kind, and two of the smaller ones.. I have no idea what type they are. I cut them in half (you should always cut them across the middles, not from top to bottom, to get all the seeds and goo out - it's a lot easier!) - look how red an juicy! YUM!



Then I cut them into bite sized pieces and added just a touch of red wine vinegar and a drop or three of extra virgin olive oil, and of course some salt and pepper.



So yummy I couldn't stand it! Having all three types of tomatoes in the same salad was really good! Some are tangier and some sweeter than others. It was a really yummy lunch that I grew from seed in my backyard. Now that's good stuff!

2 comments:

hellocayce said...

Are there going to be any left for dinner?

lucylucia said...

That looks awesome. Seriously.