Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Stuffs

So I am now under a week until my due date - 6 days! I think I may have had a contraction here and there... little ones, nothing that has made me 'know for sure'... As ridiculous as it sounds, since I have a kid, I don't remember what a contraction feels like... I just keep telling myself that I 'will know' when the time comes. But I think things are at least progressing. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we shall see!



A few thoughts on the Olympics.

First of all, the Opening Ceremonies were really really cool.
As of this morning, here are the current medal standings: Gold-Silver-Bronze-Total
United States: 2-2-4-8
China: 5-2-0-7
S. Korea: 3-2-0-5


And a few questions to ponder (or answer for me if you know):
Hong Kong has it's own team. I thought they were part China.... What's up with that?
And the men had their 150 mile bike ride yesterday.... What do they do if they have to pee?
And what level of professional do you have to be to not be able to participate in the Olympics... I thought it was for non-pros... but Basketball players are there like Kobe Bryant.... What's up with that? What's the rule?
And what's up with the Chinese architecture on these stadiums? I don't like them...



The Bird's Nest
Granted, this is a great photo... but the building itself looks like a... well, let's just say I'm not seeing a bird's nest.



The Water Cube

And this one - while it looks very cool from the inside and would be pretty neat on a smaller scale maybe, to me just looks like a giant mattress!

But I love the Olympics and not even strange Chinese architecture will keep me away!

1 comment:

hellocayce said...

It does look like a mattress. The American Gymnasts last night were totally sucking it up. I've never seen anyone step out of line in the olympics. And no way were all the Chinese girls 16. One looked like she was 12!