Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

So it's New Year's Eve, 2008.

Husband is working, all quiet in the house,
Not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse.
The kids are all sleeping, snug in their beds,
While we wait for celebratory gun fire to rattle our heads!
I'll be sleeping by midnight, completely sober.
And up by six a.m. and NOT hungover.
So maybe next year we'll go out and party
Have a drink for me, Happy New Year Everybody!

Yes, I'm aware I'm a dork.

But seriously, it's been a good year. We celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary, had a baby boy, got a new niece, found out of two other nieces on the way... Our family is growing. We tried to sell our home, gave up but will try again in 2009. We have become more organized and frugal than we have ever been. We are healthy and our kids are healthy.

I've made a few resolutions for the 2009 year:
1. I'd like to loose weight. (yeah, you saw that one coming I'm sure)
2. I'd like to become a more active person, physically and socially.
3. I'd like to find a way to contribute financially to my household.

And on a more somber note, this year we (Kirk and I) have resolved to create a plan. A will of sorts. We have 2 kids now and we need to think about what could and would happen if something were to happen to either or both of us. We're not going to get a lawyer and have official wills drawn up, but just write out our basic wishes and keep it somewhere safe. (By the way, for those of you who may ever need to find these documents, they will be in my file cabinet in the "Important Documents" file...) Also, if anyone wants our kids, now's the time to call dibs! Just kidding! Okay - enough of that.

So all in all, it's been a good year. And I'm thinking we will have an even better year in 2009. If anything, we won't have such high medical expenses (because we won't be having a baby in 2009). Hopefully we will have a larger place to call home by the end of the year. And if all goes well, we will have some more of our debt paid off. Kirk may be changing jobs, that will be good. The kids will be turning 3 and 1 (so we have a first birthday party to plan!). More cousins for the kids will be born - yeah babies! Logan will still be an only boy though, poor guy. And I might even think about quitting smoking... but don't hold your nicotine filled breath.

So Happy New Year Everyone - and Goodbye 2008!

No comments: