Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sick Baby

Logan is sick. I hate having a sick kid. Really hate it! Not only do I just know the germs will soon pass themselves onto the rest of us and I can envision weeks of snot, fevers and coughing... but I hate to worry about him. And with Christmas coming and family coming in town to meet him for the first time... When they're a little older it gets a little easier... You can teach a toddler how to blow their nose, or clean their hands, or tell you if they really feel bad. But a 4 month old just sits there and swallows all the snot their body makes. No nose blowing, so it turns into congestion, sore throat and cough (which is what Logan currently has). I really hate sickness. I wouldn't say it gives me anxiety - but it's pretty close.

It's so sad, when he cried, his voice is hoarse! He can't even talk and he's loosing his voice. Poor little guy! So far he's not too cranky but I have a feeling he won't be letting me put him down much today. And Nola will just love that!

I will be calling his doctor when they open - and honestly, I hope they just tell me what to do instead of asking me to bring him in - I have a doctor's appointment this morning and then Kirk goes to work - so taking 2 kids to the doctor, one actually being sick - What a bunch of FUN!

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

Ugh. YUCK.Hopefully they will just write a prescription for Logan and you won't haveto come in!