Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Magical (continued)

So I have stuck to my guns all day long! So far. I had another wonderful leek dinner. This time I prepared the leeks (warmed in microwave and topped with lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper) and them poured the hot broth over the top. An improvement for sure. And I was generous with the pepper.

By the way, I'm starving!

I have cheated by having coffee today. (any diet that makes me cut out my life's blood can go eF itself!) And I was very tempted to slap my daughter's hand and steal her cookie at snacktime! It smelled so good! And for dinner I decided to make them something that generally doesn't appeal to me, peanut better and jelly sandwiches. But for some reason those PB&Js looked like ambrosia today! I found myself wondering why in the world no one has ever thought to make peanut butter flavored coffee creamer... Since creamer is my only real source of flavor today, it has taken on new value. After a regular meal this may seem disgusting. But today- peanut butter flavored coffee sounds like a magical invention! Screw Magic Leeks!

Overall, it hasn't been so bad. Other than the starving feeling in my guts. But I will say that during my dinner "meal" I was very proud of myself for the first handful of bites I took. The pride slowly wore off and morphed into jealousy (of the peanut butter). And Nola was even offering me some of her food, which she NEVER does! Damn kids!

So... I guess that's all I have to say about my first Magical day.

2 comments:

lucylucia said...

It so hard going back to a diet. I did it last year, so I know that this is possible, but man, it stinks to give up the stuff that you love. :(

Mama Nae said...

Well, this is just a jump start, or a cleanse type thing. I'm not on any official diet, just thought I would try to loose a few quickly pounds to get my motivation going. Maybe I will do it once a month.