Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not So Magical!

So in the attempts to keep with my New Year's resolution of trying to loose weight I have tried the Magical Leek Soup jump start from the book, French Women Don't Get Fat.

Basically it's leeks boiled in water. You drink a cup of the broth every 2-3 hours and can have the boiled leeks (1/2 cup) at meal time with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Not sure if I got my ratios of leeks to water correct or if it's just a flavorless concoction... but it definitely wasn't very magical. I did what they said with the leeks and that part was pretty good. The broth was bland and left me wanting more... So I ended up putting the last half of my seasoned leeks back into the broth to save it. Let's just say I finished it. But not with a smile on my face.

I will keep it up. It's only for a day and a half. I may break down. I may not. I will try my hardest. It's only a day and a half. It's only a day and a half! Only!

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

lucylucia said...

I have no idea what leeks even look like. So, I guess this isn't a good time to tell you that Shalyn gave me Mastering the Art of French Cooking for Christmas and that I am planning on having you two over some time for a French dinner!!!

Mama Nae said...

OOOH! I can't wait! Leeks look like thick scallion onions by the way. They are mild oniony in flavor, they're okay.