Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another Blanket?

I finished the blanket I was making for my niece's Christmas present (see post here).

And I was really excited that she liked it... at least when she opened it she did. I assume she still does. I wasn't really expecting a happy reaction fro a four year old about getting a crocheted blanket from her aunt... but I did! See:




Now I feel like I need a new crochet project. I have so much yarn, mostly given to me from my aunt who's mother-in-law passed away and had tons of stuff... So I feel like I should use it. But I don't seem to follow through with projects when there is no goal, deadline, or expectant recipient. I don't know of any pregnant people right now and there are no gift giving holidays coming up... what's a girl to do?
I tried at one point to make some gloves, but they just didn't turn out like I wanted so I gave them to my sister, Cayce, to sell on her Etsy site. I think I should stick to things that come in a square.

Maybe I will try to finish some existing projects that are tucked away in my yarn boxes. I never did finish my blue/purple/black blanket.... first seen in my post, Off the Hook!
Maybe I will try to get that done... but what hangs me up is: what to do with it when it's finished?

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

Oh that's easy. GIVE IT TO ME!