Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!

This is one of my favorite books that I read to my kids. And I love it when it snows and they really want to read it. If you have kids or a kid you love, I highly recommend this book.


Snow Day by Lynn Plourde

Today was a Snow Day for many people here in St. Louis.... the second in a row for the lucky ones. Since I stay home with the kids it doesn't seem quite as special but I still love the snow. My husband doesn't ever have snow days but we always do! Yesterday I was feeling a little lazy I guess, and not really prepared to trudge out into the snow with the kids. Putting on two snowsuits, two pairs of mittens, four pairs of socks, two coats, two hats, two sets of gloves and two pairs of snow boots is a lot of work. Especially for the 10-15 minute span that we will be out there. But today I did it.

I felt like a bad mom yesterday for not doing it. And since Kirk was home during the daytime today I bundled everyone up and we took the kids out into the snowy back yard. It was fun. Cold. Very cold. But fun.


Can we? Can we? CAN WE!



So out we went... all bundled up like abominable snowmen.



Nola was luvin it! Running and playing. Cold? What cold?



Logan was afraid to tromp around in his snow boots... and when he tried, he fell.



But Papa saved him!



Between throwing and punching snowballs!



Snowy Nola.



I love my little snow babies.
Snow Day, Lovey Snow Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE these pictures!!!

Mama Nae said...

Thanks!