Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Baby Genius!

Well - okay - so maybe that's exaggerating just a little bit.... but not much! Nola had her 18month check-up yesterday and she's doing great. She's in the 80% for her weight and 90% for her height.... and 95% for her head! Cause she's packin a GIANT BRAIN! Her doctor said she is really advanced on her speech, at or beyond a 2 year old level. And while she's shy and couldn't show off her skills, the Dr. was really impressed with my stories of what she knows and does.

And just to show you what a Baby Genius I have I will share some with you now:

Letters:
She knows A, B, C, O, I, L, N, sometimes D, and she's working on G. So she had all the letters to spell her name, now we just have to work on the order and meaning behind it. If I write out letters she will say which ones they are (in any order). Also she reads the letters off her wall that spell her name. And she picks them out on the keyboard while sitting in my lap. Baby Genius!

Potty Training:
I bought her a potty seat a while ago and set it right outside our bathroom. I wasn't going to force anything on her yet since she is still so young. (They say 2 is the time to start, or once you see cues, whatever those are.) So I just let her go 'pretend potty' this whole time... which means open it up, sit down, say "pee-pees", stand up, close the lid and say "bye bye, pee-pees." Well the other day she told me she had to go poo-poos and pointed to her potty, which she calls her seat, and went there to sit down! Baby Genius!

Speech:
Her Dr. asked if she was putting more than one word together yet in her speech. I told her that she had been doing that for a long time. She has a million 2-word phrases. She actually now uses 3 and 4 word strings. Her Dr. was amazed!
Here are some of her Nola-isms:
Papa's Foffee (kirk's coffee) - or Mama's or Cee-Cee's or anyone
Outside Play?
More Cracker, Plees? (or any other food she wants)
Boo-Boo Fine (see the whole post for that story!)
Maw Maw Go? (Where did Grandma go?) - or anyone else who has left
No Noon-els More (No more Noodles - aka Mac and Cheese) - or anything else
Cee-Cee n Sal-Son's Howse (Cayce and Allyson's House)
I could go on - but you get the point - Baby Genius!

No comments: