Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Planter Box!

This weekend I actually started AND FINISHED a project! I'm truly in shock! I saw these raised garden beds online and they were from $150 to $350 dollars... well, obviously I'm not spending that on something I don't "need". But I thought to my self, I could make that! Especially if I got someone else to do it for me! Because I really couldn't make them myself... but my brother in law Scott could! So Kirk and I went out to buy the wood and supplies, I drew up the plan and we went to Cayce and Scott's on Saturday. Cayce and I played outside with the girls while Kirk and Scott built my box in Scott's basement wood shop..... Isn't it beautiful?
So I took it home and layered chicken wire, then lava rocks (for drainage) and then dirt. By then it was almost dark out and we had to get Nola to bed. But it was almost finished!
Then this morning (Sunday) Cayce and Allyson came over for coffee and planting time! I planted all of our little seedlings while the girls played in the backyard and Cayce sat and had coffee. LOOK!
Now we have Peppers! (Jalapeno and Red Bell)...
and Green Beans (Kentucky Pole Beans)...
and Tomatoes! (Big Red Beef Eaters!)
Now, unless we start to see 3 foot bunnies in the backyard, our veggies will be safe!
Grow Grow Grow!
And now my window sills are clear for my next science project.... Starting Rose clippings from my climbing rose bush out front..... That will be a small miracle if it works!
Happy Gardening Everyone!

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

Love the planter!! What a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Loving your blog. I'm going to see how many people I can convince to start one too!