Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"Boo-Boo, Fine!"

A few weeks ago my little family decided to take a day trip to the Zoo. Since it was one of the first warm days in a while I put Nola in shorts. Well, before we even left the house she fell in the driveway and skinned her knee. One of her first major boo-boo's so far. I wiped it off and we went about getting ready to go. Then! as we were getting in the car she fell AGAIN! And skinned both her knees, the first one in the exact same spot! Well - this time blood started coming out - dripping out onto her shoes and the sidewalk... then onto my living room floor. I grabbed both girls and came BACK inside to preform my magical healing practices (Neosporin and a My Little Pony Band-Aid*) and then we were back on the road again.

This experience taught Nola the word "Boo-Boo" which she used as she pointed it out on her knee (because of the My Little Pony band-aid) every time I changed her band-aid, her diaper, her clothes, her pants rose above the knee, every time she had a bath, got into her jammies, every time she remotely thought of her knee.... So eventually I started telling her that her boo-boo was, "Just fine..." In other words, "ENOUGH ALREADY with the Boo-Boo crap!" Well - it back fired.

Now (and I think we are about three weeks into this boo-boo fest) she still points it out. It's gone by the way! No more boo-boo! But now, she points to her knee and says, "Boo-Boo,... Fine!"

Ok - well - at least I know she listens.


*don't fall for the My Little Pony band-aids.... they are big and colorful... I think there may be 10 to a box and enough sticky power for only one between them! What a rip off! Try regular band-aids and sharpies! Much Cheaper!

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

All of those "special" band aids are ridiculous and they fall off after about 3 minutes. It's funny how obssessed kids get about something, isn't it?