Monday, May 12, 2008

House of Fools!

Ok - first I would like to say that I am no delicate flower.... I can take a lot of gross before I get offeneded. I don't shy away from blood and guts, cussing or dirty jokes... Obviously I'm female but I'm certainly no 'Lady.' Well, at this particular lunchtime, I met my match!



We sit in this order: Papa, then Allsyon, then Mama, then Nola... in a circle around the table, adult/child/adult/child. In other words, I'm surrounded.



So we were eating, I think we were almost finished and Nola (the beautiful little lady that she is) farted. I would like to have used the word 'tooted' or even 'pooted' because they seem like the more appropriate words to use for a little girl doing such things... but what Nola did doesn't fit into the perameters of those words. She farted. Like a grown man with no social qualms at all.... it was gross. And even though we were at home with no one else to witness this, I was embarassed. I think I actually gasped. Kirk asked, "Was that HER?" And, as if to answer him, she let out a peal of squealing laughter.



This made Allyson laugh so hard that she burped up some food. Now, mind you, we are all getting over colds so both girls are already little snot monsters who have no concern with what is lurking on their faces. But when you go into fits of laughter, coughing and burping... well, lets just say, "it all comes out". The Kirk started laughing at the girls and making disgusting noises as well (we'll just leave it at that since he's a grown man with a job and somewhat of a reputation to uphold outside our lovely home).



I really couldn't believe how appalled I was. Ok - so I'm pregnant and things do get to me a little quicker these days, but I was really grossed out. They were all being repulsive and cracking up about it.... I wanted to scream.

Finally I had had enough... "OKAY - STOP! You are all acting like little boys! What is wrong with you people?! These are little girls - not Monkeys!"



For a brief moment there was glorious silence.....



Then it started... "Oooh Ooooh Ooh, Haaa Haaa Ha! OOh Haa Haa!" and more laughing. (those were monkey noises in case my spelling didn't convey the sounds) I just got up and walked away. A House of Fools I tell you - FOOLS!

No comments: