Monday, June 9, 2008

75 Days to Go!

Until my due date that is... who knows when he will actually get here. But I just feel like there is no possible way I will be able to be pregnant for 75 more days! I feel huge! And it's so hot outside I can't even stand it. Little one wants to go "Outside Play?" all day long and I just have to tell her no and try and find something else to keep her busy indoors. It's just not even healthy for me to be out in 90+ degree weather!

And I'm sweaty all they time! I take a shower to cool off and 5 min later I'm sweaty again. And I have fans and the AC on and I still wake up in a sweat with the back of my neck and hair wet! Gross! And I can't tell what the actual condition of our house is... I think it's like a sauna and the rest of them are probably freezing! Oh well! I'm pregnant and they're not! I can't exactly run around naked for the summer - no one wants to see that - not even me! And last night I took off my wedding ring. I'm not really swollen yet (NOTHING like last pregnancy!) I still have ankles and wrists and my calves don't look like they're going to pop or anything, all of which was true by month 6 last time! So at 7 1/2 months I just took off my rings in 90 degree weather - I'd say that's pretty good!

I have to go see my OB every 2 weeks now - what a pain! All I do is wait to see her (usually like 45 min in the waiting room), then walk in, have my belly measured and the heartbeat listened to (all of which takes 5 min tops) then I leave. I know it's necessary to a point - I just don't want to have to haul me and the kid out in the heat every 2 weeks. Once a month felt like too much!

Oh, we had our Hospital tour this past weekend. It was great! I think I will like this hospital even better than the one we had Nola in.... which I thought was going to be impossible. I was really bummed about having to change (due to different insurance this time around) but I think it's going to work out for the better. This hospital seems more like it's geared towards natural labor and family care... not as much of a baby factory as others in the area. It's a little smaller but they have more one on one care - so I'm glad about that.

Against my better judgement I am going to include a picture or two of myself (with Nola). We were having a photo shoot this weekend and I got a few belly shots for records sake. So here goes:


1 comment:

lucylucia said...

Aili has delivered both of her babies there. I have to say that I have always liked the way St. Luke's takes care of the babies and the baby mamas. Very personalized!