Thursday, June 5, 2008

Baby Go-Gan's Room

Nola calls Logan, Baby Go-Gan. It's cute... She points to my belly when I ask her where the baby is. And when I raise up my shirt for any reason she points and says, "Baby Go-Gan!" Just thought I would share with you all my plans for the baby's room (if we ever get around to moving so there will be an actual room).

This is the fabric I am going to order to make New Baby's crib blanket and any other accessory that we may need. In case the picture isn't coming through, or you're just so inspired by this blue camo that you want to order your own, here is the link to the website I am buying it from:




All the other stuff I am just going to mis-match from blue, blue camo, stars (blue and white)... Not a very cohesive theme - but hopefully it will be unique and come together enough to look good, and not like a military room. If you would like to see some of the other things I have chosen to buy, take a look at my Babies R Us registry.... (it's not for gift giving reasons, although feel free to buy me whatever you want to - ha ha ha - it's just a list for my own sake). Here is the link to that as well:
Search by my name or my registry #: 71443388

I have already made a blanket (crocheted from yarn) for him but I wanted to have the "quilt" type blanket too. Nola sleeps with both, the blankie I made for her and the comforter her set came with.... So I assume Logan will too. Here is a picture of the blankie that I made for him:













And since Nola's pronunciation of Logan's name sounds like the artist Paul Gauguin, I thought it may be appropriate if we find a print of his work to hang in the nursery somewhere.... Most of his work is of naked Tahitian women, but I think this one might work:
Breton Bather

No comments: