Friday, September 19, 2008

Like a Baby

"Sleep like a Baby" - OK that's the dumbest damned quote I've ever heard! Baby sleep is crap! Well - I have a good sleeper on my hands and it's still crap! I'm just really tired. And cranky - can you tell? All the babies here are sleeping... I'm just waiting out the 10 min period where I feel comfortable going to sleep myself. I'd rather wait out the 10 min than get in bed all cozy and have cries 5 min into it... Then I just get up all pissed off.

Lately I've been going to sleep so good. It's the kind of sleep where you finally get into bed, your whole body is tired (even your fingers and toes are jello), and you feel like you just melt into your bed. Nothing has ever felt so comfortable before in your life than your pillows and blankets. And sleep comes so easily. One second you're walking and talking and the next you're gone. Gone. No dreams, no tossing, no turning... you wake up in the same exact position you fell into when you got into bed hours ago. No getting up to pee every hour (I don't miss that at all from the pregnancy days). Oh, sleep! It doesn't happen exactly when I want it to these days, but when it does.... I think it may be better than sex.

And on that note - Goodnight!
(sorry husband of mine - but sleep wins these days!)

No comments: