Monday, September 22, 2008

Sick Day

So, Nola is sick. I've become somewhat of a germ-a-phobe... I'm not too bad, but I truly wish I could insert my children into bubbles when we leave the house. It seems like every time we pass a snot nosed kid in public, someone in my house gets sick. Maybe it's because we don't integrate with the public much, but I sure wish people would wear signs that inform you when they're sick. Or at least have the courtesy to wear face masks and gloves if they decide to take their germs out into the world. China does it. And I don't go around people when I'm sick... I try not to anyway.

Nola has been one serious pain in the ass today. I love her but GEEZ! She's been crying non stop and yelling "NO!" over and over again... about what? Who knows! She's just miserable and apparently wants us to be right there with her. We let her watch cartoon movies on the couch today with her covers from her bed. And she was allowed to eat a couple of cookies and cheese crackers (this was not quite my idea and I'm still finding the crumbs hours later). I do have to admit though, that she was pretty cute sitting there, all snot faced and sick on the couch....
Here, take a look for yourself:

3 comments:

hellocayce said...

She does look pretty cute. if the cartoons keep her quiet then I think that's the best way to deal with a sick child; either that or run her around till she's so tired she falls immediatly asleep.

Mama Nae said...

Well - today is the same - different bow in her hair and different clothes - but same position on the couch... now if only she'd stay there! (and quit spreading germs around!)

lucylucia said...

I think that's the consolation prize from getting sick - watching TV all day on the couch. I never enjoyed getting a cold when I was little, but I always felt special when my mom would bring me comforting things while I was laying down.