Friday, September 12, 2008

What's Up...

Well - It's nap time and both kids are sleeping (a major miracle in my world) so I thought I should Blog!

Logan is doing good - he's starting to lift his head up a little... and his tiny clothes are getting tighter on him... and his itty bitty diapers are starting to look a little small on his baby butt. Which is all good - he's growing.

Having said that, I think I'm about ready to switch to a more formula based diet for him... I'm feeling a little guilty about it but it's just so hard to breastfeed with a 2 year old causing havoc around the house. He seems to always be hungry! And he takes over half an hour to eat every time... and that's just way too much freedom for Miss Nola! She ripped up a used boobie pad (the things you put in your bra to stop the leaking on your shirt) ... and put parts of it in her mouth! SO GROSS! I had to tear Logan off my boob to stop her... and I was a little too late! She also takes out all the movies from the shelves and splays them around the room... or removes everything from the portable diaper box I have and throws it around the living room - diapers, wipes, clothes, creams, binkies, everything! Hello Terrible Twos!

If I feed him a bottle it takes less than 10 min and is only repeated every 4 hours or so... as opposed to every 2 hours and for almost an hour. There are mom's out there who do it everyday - and I think they must have special magic powers. But I think my boobie feeding days are limited....

I went out the other day for the first time... first time driving in almost a month! And the first time by myself with both kids! Granted, I only went 5 min away to my sister's house... but I still had to pack for and load up both kids in the car... and then remove them once we got home. It wasn't too bad. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no intentions of attempting to go to any store alone with them both! Not any time soon - or ever! Either one alone is fine... but not both! Not without backup! I think those people with 6+ kids are seriously ... well... I can't even think of a word to type here.... More power to ya folks! I would never leave the house. I barely do now!

Ok- well - enough blogging for one afternoon... I hear a squeak or two coming from the little one so I better get going.

No comments: