Sunday, July 20, 2008

36 Weeks Along

Well - Not too much going on here - just getting more and more pregnant. I think I've started 'nesting'... although I think that's a weird term, seeing as that I'm NOT a bird! I'm just doing what needs to be done. I have today's check list ready to go - Kirk is off work to help. I've cleared out a drawer in our bedroom (since that's where little Logo will be staying for a while - in our room, not the drawer) and have started to fill it up. I have to go through the boxes in the basement to find all the things we packed away to save after Nola was finished with them. And then find somewhere out of the way to store them. Lot's to do!

My biggest anxiety generator right now is what will we do with our kid while we go have another kid. Both Grandmas work so I can't expect them to take off work for the duration of our hospital stay. Everyone works, really. And we have no idea when it will be... Oh! I worry just thinking about it! My mom can do it but she wants to actually BE THERE when the baby is born - and I agree.... while pushing a human being from my body I just might need my mommy! But it looks like she's the only one who can commit to taking Nola overnight.... so if we have the baby during the day - I think we're okay. If it's overnight, my mom just won't be there. ooohhh stresss.

So this is my 36th week - that's 9 months folks! I think I'm getting a little freaked out! I made Kirk sit on the couch with me last night and keep his hand on my belly. He doesn't like this at all, it really freaks him out to feel the baby move. But I told him he had to 'experience pregnancy' for at least an hour. It was funny - his hand kept drifting away and I'd put it back. He would jerk his arm when Logan would really move and shutter a little bit.
He said, "Honey, it's just so weird that there a human being moving inside you..."
"Yep, " I said... "at least you can move your hand and walk away.... Try having all this movement when you're trying to do things like... walk!"

Well - I'm off to start my checklist.... wish me luck.

No comments: