Monday, July 14, 2008

Shopping Without Money & My Uterus

How's that for a post title?

My Uterus: I had a doctor's appointment today. I sat in the waiting room for almost an hour, then witnessed my doctor yelling at nurses to give her some patients to see instead of leaving them all in the waiting room while she had nothing to do... that was funny. Almost worth the wait.
My blood pressure is just fine, I didn't gain any weight and my belly is measuring on time again. After complaining about how bad I feel and how hard it is to do things, she replied exactly how I knew she would, " Yeah - that's sucks, but you are pregnant..." I guess there isn't really a lot to do about being uncomfortable except for having the baby.... just a few more weeks or so...

Shopping Without Money: I found a great hobby. After going to a bridal shower for a friend of mine several weeks ago and shopping for a gift off of her registry I realized what a great job she did. She registered for all kinds of great things... It made me want to go back in time and re-do my own wedding registry. Put a few more practical things on it, as well as a few more splurge items. Mine was kind of middle of the road. It also made me want to re-do my kitchen and a few other spots in my home.

After a few weeks of random thoughts of what I would like to improve about my household items I just did it! I went online to www.bedbathandbeyond.com and made a registry. I called it a House Warming Registry since we are eventually moving to a new house. And I set the event date for 2014 so I can keep it going. But it was really fun. I shopped online all night! I picked out cookware, kitchen gadgets, some new small appliances, etc. And I had fun and spent 0! dollars. But, so it wasn't a complete waste of time, I actually chose items I want to eventually purchase. So it is essentially a running list of what I want.

Now, when my birthday or Christmas, or any other gift giving occasion rolls around and people ask me what do you want? I can refer them to my registry or just give them a list of what's left on it. I think I will also make a registry a few other places. This way, when I'm stuck at home with no money and two kids I can still go shopping.... for free! It will at least get that urge to go buy something out.

So if you're broke like me, or stuck at home like me... or just like to shop - I think starting a registry online is a great way to pass he time. It fun and free. And who knows, maybe someday you will be able to fulfill all the items!

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

I think that gift registeries are a great idea. I took a peak at yours and I want all of those cooking pots too! This will be great to check if you have a b-day celebration!