Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Bump" in the Night

I was asleep by 10:30 last night. Pretty normal for me. I was awake again by 12:30 to pee... also pretty normal. Kirk wasn't home from work yet, the house was still quiet and dark and there were no piles of his stuff all over. So I went back to sleep.

I heard him come in around 1am or so. He eventually went downstairs. He had a NetFlix movie I knew he was going to watch. I barely woke up for this, and was asleep again quickly.

I was awake again around 3am to pee again (yeah - being pregnant RULES!) The house was quiet and dark upstairs and so back to bed I went. I had my eyes closed and was drifting back off to sleep when that familiar Windows noise rang through out the living room. You know, the noise your computer (if you run on Windows) makes when you turn it on or off... the sing songy "Da Daa Da Daaaa." My eyes popped open. My computer is in my living room and no one else was.... right? So I layed there and watched as the colored screens lit up the house. Eventually it stopped and I guess the computer just restarted for no reason. Either way, it scared the crap out of me - but not enough to make me get out of bed... I went back to sleep.

Of course I was up again at 5am to pee - Go bladder Go! What actually woke me up this time was that my hip and leg were numb. This has been happening lately while I sleep. I don't get it - you're supposed to sleep on your left side when you're pregnant (which I do about 1/3 of the time, the right is just more comfortable). But now, every time I sleep on my left side my hip hurts and my leg starts to go numb. I've been feeling heavier down low lately - maybe the baby is dropping. His head may be pushing on a nerve or something. I just roll over (which is no easy thing anymore!) and go back to sleep.

Then at 6:30am I hear the tweet and twitter of Kirk's cell phone alarm clock. He's trying to get up to go to his morning Aikido class... which usually results in us waking up and him sleeping through the noise! SO I picked up the house phone (which I keep by the bed these days just in case) and called his cell phone, "Wake up, quick - Don't wake the baby!" So he got up and made all kinds of noise (why can't men be quiet?). Nola woke up and started her normal gibber jabber as he walked out the door, of course. She goes through her list of who she knows and where they are...

Papa, Ai-Keedo!
Mama - Aikeedo, NO!
Mama - Night Night, uhh huhh!
Cee-Cee, Bye bye!
Salison, Cee-cee's House!
Maw Maw, Bye Bye!

Eventually she starts in with either 'Mama, Are You?' (which means where are you and come get me), or 'Seee Mama!' (which means I want to see mama now, come get me). We were up by 7am. Not too bad, except that she was up late last night and I was hoping for a 7:30 or 8 o'clock get up time.

So there were lots of 'bumps' in the night around here! How did you sleep?


This is what she insisted we do to her hair this morning....

1 comment:

hellocayce said...

Scott's alarm clock went off this morning at 5:30 and scared the crap out of me because he hadn't used it in so long. But it also woke up Molly. No fun! I guess all that's starting for me too.