Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Regular Sized

So I went for my ultrasound today and they estimate the baby to be 7 pounds. I think I remember that they grow about 1/2 a pound a week at this point, so I think I'm still in good shape to have a VBAC. As long as we don't go too far past...

I just need to start jumping up and down and eating spicy foods and all the other crap they say is supposed to make you go into labor but probably doesn't really work. It's just personal torcher since none of it is comfortable or fun... Now if they said eating lots of ice cream and chocolate would jump start labor, sign me up! Or maybe sleeping all day.... or watching chic flicks.... but no, I have to move around and eat things that will give me heartburn....

If this kid is like the last one then he's got no plans of exiting anytime soon. Which sucks cause I'm ready. Not to have a kid quite yet, but to not be pregnant. I think I may be just a bit in denial about the actual child coming home with us from the hospital... if I think to much about that part, I may have a panic attack! Yeah, really. Just thinking of no sleep at all for the next month... oh crap - I have to stop now or I will convince the baby never to come out!

Ok - well - that's my tale to tell today.....

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

Oh honey! Yeah, Aili was telling me last night that this is definitely the last time for her. She's tired of the recovery period. Hopefully for you it will be a lot faster. I can't imagine how restless and uncomfortable you must feel. That makes you a hero for going out on Saturday!!