Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bummies, Noonels & Wice

Just wanted to add a little bit about my little cutie today. It seems like she's picking up new words every day but I have to say my favorites are Bummies, Noonels and Wice.

Bummy is for bunny, which we usually see out the window every morning and evening eating the grass in our front yard. When Nola and I sit each morning having our 'night night milk' and coffee (yes, she calls her morning milk her night night milk, as well as the milk she has before bedtime), we always see a bummy or two having 'bites' in the yard. And she usually says, "Hi Bummy! Hop hop hop bummy! See bummy Mama?"

Noonels started as macaroni or spaghetti (any noodles really). Then she would say 'noonels' whenever I was cooking anything. And when I would cook rice I would tell her it was 'rice, not noodles'. So she started saying 'wice!' BUT, when I would cook Rice R Roni, which has both in it, I would tell her it was Noonels AND Rice.... So now she always says "Noonels an Wice!"

And she's started doing the strangest thing lately. She has been perfecting her climbing skills and now scales the side of my computer chair while I'm on the computer, hanging on and eventually standing on the arm.... very dangerous! But once she makes it to the top (with me holding on to her of course) she looks at me and cocks her head to the side and with a sly grin says, "Noonels an Wice!" And she giggles.... Why? I have absolutely NO IDEA! Maybe one time when she was on the arm of the chair I asked her what she wanted for lunch.... But it always makes me crack up and give her a kiss when she says that so I'm sure that's why it keeps going.... it's just so off the wall....


So to all of you having a bad day, just think of a goofy toddler climbing up the side of the chair you're sitting in and randomly telling you, "Noonels an Wice!" and squealing her head off.... it should at least make you smile.....

No comments: