Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gonna Do It (I think...)

So.... I think I'm ready to cut my hair off again. When I was around 5 months pregnant with Nola (mid 2006) I went and had my long hair chopped off. I donated it to Locks of Love. I think I donated about 16 inches. It felt really good to do that. All the donated hair goes to children with medical reasons for hair loss to make wigs... what better reason to cut your hair?

So here we are again - me, with hair down to my ass and no time to do anything with it but put it back into a ponytail. I think I'm ready for a change... And not the "I'm a mommy now so I will get a generic short and easy hairdo" I want a funky cool hairdo that feels more like me. I will most likely be changing my hair color as well. Probably more than once, maybe two colors at once - who knows, I'm feeling crazy! But it will be different. I'm thinking that I will cut it just above collar length in the back and have the sides (front) come down a few inches longer. I do still need some of it to fit into a ponytail for my own sanity. Color... hmmm... I'm thinking something funky in that department too... Hey, I don't have a job - no one to answer to but my husband and the crazier the better as far as he's concerned.... which brings me to my next bit of news....

I'm getting my nose pierced. Stop right there and don't bother telling me you don't think that it's a good idea... I've thought it through for some time, and I'm doing it. So who cares... if it looks stupid, I'll make that call and then just take it out. But I think I'll like it.

Who knows when all this will take place... I found a salon that does free haircuts for the donation and they say I can walk in whenever.... But maybe the next time you see me I will be a different person... Well, not you Cayce because I'm coming over in a few hours....

Bonus - maybe my hair weighs a few pounds and I can 'cheat' in my weight loss!
Oh... here are my stats on me being a big ole looser:
This weeks pounds lost: 02 (gained!)
Total pounds lost: 24
Weight loss goal: 70
Pounds to go: 46

2 comments:

lucylucia said...

Okay, I can totally see you with a geometric haircut - it will look fabulous! And didn't you already have a nose ring before?? Why do I remember you with one in college? Hmm, if you haven't, then I guess that's a sign that you should! Will you have all this done by Saturday afternoon when Caroline and I come over??

Mama Nae said...

Nope - never had my nose pierced... my tongue, yes(still do) but not my nose...

Might have it all done by then - we'll see how time works...