Thursday, October 2, 2008

Registered

As much as I bitch about things it's a surprise, especially to me, that I am not registered to vote. Well, I wasn't - until today! I have no hopes of venturing out to register with 2 kids under 2... but I registered online and mailed out my forms (I had 6 days until the cutoff) today.... GO ME!
I complained and complained and finally convinced my husband to get registered... and he did, and I never got around to it. He voted in the primaries and is convinced that his one vote (oh, and his brothers) swayed the outcome in our favor... He's cute. I feel guilty that I didn't vote in the primaries, but like I said, things worked out the way I would have voted anyway.
BUT - as I sit here listening to the Vice Presidential debate that's taking place right here in town I know I must go out and vote in November. I've never voted before (a shameful fact I'm not proud of) so it will be interesting. I'm so glad I got registered in time. This will be a history making election, which ever way it goes: a woman as Vice President or a black person as the President...
It's about time I got registered to vote! Have you? You should!

No comments: